Treatment for Acne depends on the severity of the treatment and it can take several months of treatment before the symptoms improve.
Here at Cosmedics we offer a detailed consultation with our Doctor and the various treatment options can be discussed depending on the type of problems the patient is experiencing.
The various treatment options for active acne as follows:
- Topical creams
- Antibiotic tablets
- Oral contraceptive pill for women
- Isotretinoin tablets (Roaccutane)
- Laser treatment (see below)
Our IPL Laser System releases lights that is omitted in a series of short pulses which destroys the bacteria that live in the skin and cause acne and also targets the overactive sebaceous gland that cause outbreaks of pustules. This targeted heating deep in the skin causes shrinkage of the inflamed sebaceous glands and helps to prevent the production of excess sebum
We also offer various treatment for Acne Scarring
- Original Dermaroller treatment
- Subcision of the scars (with local anaesthetic, the scar is released underneath the skin with a special needle)
- Excision of deep scars (including chickenpox scars)
To book a consultation call 01 8211807 or email email@example.com